Who am I?

My photo
Monrovia, Liberia
I live in Monrovia, Liberia, West Africa with my wife and youngest son. We are recently arrived in Liberia where we are serving as missionaries with Evangelical Church Missions working under the Liberia Evangelical Mission. For most of the last thirty years we have served under ECM in Bolivia, South America. We are the happy parents of four children and the proud grandparents of two grandchildren.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Ice Cream, Clowns and Kids

Who wouldn't want a nine scoop ice cream cone? That is exactly what my kids made on Friday at the tutoring center. It was a fun learning and counting exercise.

The cones were almost as tall as the kids!

One cone and nine scoops makes ten things.

but of course the best part was the real ice cream at the end. A well deserved treat!
On Saturday was a district wide children's rally that was held at the district headquarters or, as otherwise known, at the tutoring center. The rally was planned by the district board and included singing, clowns, presentations by each church group present (as well as the tutoring center kids), puppets and a story. There were around 200 kids present, I think. Despite the hot weather and the wind blowing sand everywhere, the rally was a success if success is measured by the enthusiasm of the kids. Below are photos from the event.


Clowns and kids always go together.

One of our favorite enthusiastic kids.

Bryan leads the tutoring center kids in their special music.

I was in charge of the rhythm band section.

I told the story

with a little help

from my friends.

Ch'airo is traveling again, this time to the US. I will be attending the Recalibrate Conference in Chicago and then get to do some fun stuff with my kids and finally ending up in Minneapolis for the annual mission board meeting. So I am not sure if there will be a post before I return or not. At any rate I want to share about the conference in a later post. Don'¡t hold your breath waiting, (two weeks is a long time not to breathe) but do be sure and check back and see what's going on.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Gordon, for the stories and photos! I really find this blog interesting. Georgia Schweiger

    ReplyDelete