Who am I?

My photo
Monrovia, Liberia
I live in Monrovia, Liberia, West Africa with my wife and youngest son. We are recently arrived in Liberia where we are serving as missionaries with Evangelical Church Missions working under the Liberia Evangelical Mission. For most of the last thirty years we have served under ECM in Bolivia, South America. We are the happy parents of four children and the proud grandparents of two grandchildren.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Some Wise Observations

I have now been in Liberia for a week and a half. I figure that makes me an expert. So I want to share some of my acquired knowledge:

1. Cockroaches make poor bedfellows.
2. Sleeping under mosquito netting makes you hotter but doesn’t keep you from being bitten.
3. Cold showers are still cold no matter how warm the morning.
4. Shaving with cold water can be gotten used to.
5. Loud music is loud even after a week and a half of getting used to it.
6. Little things in life can bring joy. We had power AND water for seven straight days.
7. The Atlantic Ocean is really big when your grandkids are on the other side.
8. I am everybody’s friend since I look like an American and obviously have lots of money.
8. 4G is just advertising; .4G would be truth in advertising.
9. $5 (US) is a favorite price.
10. Liberian testimonies often begin as song and end with spoken praise.
11. Liberian worship music requires whole body participation.

12. The same God who is in Bolivia is also in Liberia and still takes care of us.

These are kids from the children's home. You notice the Packers tee shirt that the one boy is wearing. You can see that there is still work to be done in helping these children discern good from evil. There was also a kid who is further up the correct path. He was wearing a Vikings shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment