Who am I?

My photo
Monrovia, Liberia
I live in Monrovia, Liberia, West Africa with my wife and youngest son. We are recently arrived in Liberia where we are serving as missionaries with Evangelical Church Missions working under the Liberia Evangelical Mission. For most of the last thirty years we have served under ECM in Bolivia, South America. We are the happy parents of four children and the proud grandparents of two grandchildren.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Testimony From a Friend

As a mission we are giving scholarships to six or seven students from our churches here in Santa Cruz who are studying at the Bolivian Evangelical University (BEU was the first private university in Bolivia and the first Evangelical University in South America.) One of those students is Isabel Ramos Sanchez. The daughter of one of our pastors, Isabel, besides studying nursing at BEU, is also a recognized pastor of the Santa Cruz district and co-pastors the God Is Love - Happy Town Church. Isabel is entering into her last year at BEU. Below is her testimony.


I thank God for guiding me. From the time I was a child I knew God and I can say that it is a difficult road. Now that I am a young woman the trials and temptations that come to my life are difficult to overcome. But with the help of God, praying and always having our best friend Jesus of Nazareth by my side, everything is easier. A lot of perseverance is needed to gain the goals that one sets in life.

As a student my life is different. The responsibility that I must fulfill and my studies require me to be careful with my time in order to not fail but to continue on. At the university there are many barriers that would separate me from Christ, fame, pride and lack of time. But it has been good for me to study and it has helped me to improve in my communication skills and to improve the sermons that I prepare.

When I became the pastor of the church I attend, I thought I would not be able to do it and that it would be impossible. But with the help of God and with a lot of effort [I have been able to do it]. There have been a lot of roadblocks that have tired me out; all I could do was pray because my body was worn out. God has sustained his people in the church and we remain united without any divisions. Many times one might want to quit because there is not enough time, but God loves us and likes to see us working all the time and gives us strength to serve him.

God is my great helper who helps me to reach the goals that I have. Without Christ I would not have been able to do anything because the attacks of the enemy are strong. I give thanks to my creator for caring for me.

I wish for you the greatest blessings in your life. Don’t [look] back, follow Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment