Who am I?

My photo
Monrovia, Liberia
I live in Monrovia, Liberia, West Africa with my wife and youngest son. We are recently arrived in Liberia where we are serving as missionaries with Evangelical Church Missions working under the Liberia Evangelical Mission. For most of the last thirty years we have served under ECM in Bolivia, South America. We are the happy parents of four children and the proud grandparents of two grandchildren.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Humor from Nature

When I was a kid we used to have in Sunday School now and then filmstrips (with accompanying record) called Parables From Nature. Well, a couple of weeks ago while we had company from the States we were at the Butterfly Gardens and looking at a cage full of big spiders. On or near the cage were a list of rules for how to handle spiders. As a friend and I read them we both had the thought that they also apply to how to handle a women. So here is my Parable from nature.



1. Never place two spiders in one terrarium, since they are very territorial and fight to death.
2. Clean the terrarium one a month.
3. Put water every day.
4. Never use insecticides in the same room where the spider lives.
5. Don`t handle the spider all the time, Let the spider walk on your arm or hand. Try to not bother the spider.
6. These spiders are docile, but if she feels attacked she can "biteu" (bite you).
7. Try to not push the spider. The spider has some hair in the body and this can cause irritation and allergic reactions.

I think you can make the application.

No comments:

Post a Comment