Who am I?

My photo
Monrovia, Liberia
I live in Monrovia, Liberia, West Africa with my wife and youngest son. We are recently arrived in Liberia where we are serving as missionaries with Evangelical Church Missions working under the Liberia Evangelical Mission. For most of the last thirty years we have served under ECM in Bolivia, South America. We are the happy parents of four children and the proud grandparents of two grandchildren.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Suffer the little children . . .



This past Sunday was a district wide children's rally. Although only four of the churches were there (frustration), there might have been around 200 kids. It's hard to tell, they are so small and the building was kind of big. None the less, there was enough enthusiasm for a crowd twice that big. I was invited to tell a story to the kids. I used the story from John 9 about Jesus healing the man born blind and tried to present a basic Gospel presentation. The kids were really pretty good at listening but the setting was not real conducive for a formal invitation. But I trust that the Word still brings fruit.



(The picture has nothing to do with my story. I was only goofing around, which is the only time that anyone will ever take my picture.) Besides me, there was music. . .


a contest, clowns and puppets. The group doing the organizing did a great job. I hope this will become a normal feature of the district's life. It is good to see a renewed interest in the kids and in child evangelism in both the district and the denomination at large.


No comments:

Post a Comment