Who am I?

My photo
Monrovia, Liberia
I live in Monrovia, Liberia, West Africa with my wife and youngest son. We are recently arrived in Liberia where we are serving as missionaries with Evangelical Church Missions working under the Liberia Evangelical Mission. For most of the last thirty years we have served under ECM in Bolivia, South America. We are the happy parents of four children and the proud grandparents of two grandchildren.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Reconciliations

Just a short post this week about two exciting happenings. A week ago Sunday evening I was invited to speak at the Lineage of God church. During the service I happened to glance over and see Rubén. At least I thought that it was him. I hadn't seen him for a long time. He had, a good number of years ago, served for a time as pastor at one of the district churches. But something happened. I never know what, and he returned to the world. His wife, however, kept faithfully attending the church and serving the Lord, bringing the children with her. After the service, Rubén came over to me. Following a bit of small talk I asked him if he was attending church. Yes, he told me. He was back. He told me that he had been a stumbling block for his wife and kids and that he had hurt them a lot. But now he was back. I was so happy to hear that. Who says that God doesn't do miracles any more.

Last night I was invited to speak at the Rivers of Living Water church. I arrived late, partly by design (to miss some of the loud music) and partly because I was wrong about the starting time. The pastor came over to me during a song and whispered in my ear. Did you see Sister Francesca? I hadn't but I was glad to see her. She, along with her whole family, was instrumental in the founding of the church. She and her husband donated the land that the church sits on. They were active members in planing a second congregation. But then things happened and little by little they succumbed to pressure and returned to the world. She has since had a stoke and her speech is impaired and has to walk with a cane. But she has come back to the church and to the Lord. Join with me in thanking God for these two who have returned and in praying especially for the family of Francesca that they two will find their way back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment