Who am I?

My photo
Monrovia, Liberia
I live in Monrovia, Liberia, West Africa with my wife and youngest son. We are recently arrived in Liberia where we are serving as missionaries with Evangelical Church Missions working under the Liberia Evangelical Mission. For most of the last thirty years we have served under ECM in Bolivia, South America. We are the happy parents of four children and the proud grandparents of two grandchildren.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Oops - I Missed

Oops, I missed a week of writing. With all the extra activities and travel I never did get a blog update done. Sorry. I will probably be a bit erratic these next four weeks. This week we head to La Paz for the Easter junta and then I will be off to the US for three weeks to attend our son Daniel's university graduation. More on those topics later on.

This past weekend I traveled to La Paz with Daniel and Naomi to give Naomi, especially, a chance to see the city. We had been scheduled to go the weekend before but Naomi was sick with dengue fever. It was a good weekend. We had a chance to take the city tour bus and visit Mayallsa, the valley of the moon. It is an amazing bunch of stone shapes formed by erosion. It reminds me a lot of Brice Canyon in Utah.



On Sunday we visited one of the churches in La Paz and enjoyed the service there. I was invited with about thirty seconds of advanced notice to preach. But I am kind of used to it. In the old days I often didn't know until it was announced that pastor Gordon would now bring the message. You learn to go prepared.




Yesterday Daniel and Naomi left to return home. I am very proud of my son and his wife. They seem to have good hearts for the Lord and for the children of Bolivia. I am excited about what the future may hold for them. If you think of it, pray for the Lord's guiding them as they make decisions about the future, also pray for a job opening for Daniel. While they wait on the Lord's guidance they will need to eat and begin to pay off debt. Thanks a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment