Who am I?

My photo
Monrovia, Liberia
I live in Monrovia, Liberia, West Africa with my wife and youngest son. We are recently arrived in Liberia where we are serving as missionaries with Evangelical Church Missions working under the Liberia Evangelical Mission. For most of the last thirty years we have served under ECM in Bolivia, South America. We are the happy parents of four children and the proud grandparents of two grandchildren.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mr. Mom (or is it Mrs. Dad)

Mark and I have been bachelors since the middle of June when we returned to Bolivia from the US without Niki. Until she returns in September I will continue to be the Mr. Mom of the family. What a tough job. I have had the kids before in the past for short periods of time but this is the first time I have been with one of them without Mom around for more than a few days and it is tiring me out! I've come to realize again the importance of the many things "the little woman" does (cooking, laundry, entertaining children etc). It seems like you spend more time planning food than almost anything else. Which also brings me to another observation. I have learned that in ministry there are times when the ministry needs extra attention and time. But there are also times when the family needs the extra time and attention. This has been one of those times. Real life ministry is not about a 9 to 5 job. It's a lifestyle. So I guess I'll have to keep on being Mr. Mom (or maybe it's Mrs. Dad) until the real Mom gets home.

No comments:

Post a Comment