Who am I?

My photo
Monrovia, Liberia
I live in Monrovia, Liberia, West Africa with my wife and youngest son. We are recently arrived in Liberia where we are serving as missionaries with Evangelical Church Missions working under the Liberia Evangelical Mission. For most of the last thirty years we have served under ECM in Bolivia, South America. We are the happy parents of four children and the proud grandparents of two grandchildren.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Retreat and Go

My son and I spent this past week at a retreat for missionaries held at a local resort setting (sort of a 5 star affair but, as someone said, two of the stars must be black holes). Anyway, it was a good week to be away and have the chance to tank up a bit. When you are involved in constant giving in ministry you need those times to be refueled. I thank God for the opportunity it was for us. NOw back to work.

As a mission we are reading Coach Your Champions: The Transformational Giving Approach to Major Donor Fundraising by Eric Foley. It is challenging us to make sure that we are not just looking for money from our supporters but that we are helping them to grow in their faith. I like the concept but am not sure how to apply his ideas when we live and work a continent away from the people who support us and pray for us. If you have read the book and have any thoughts, or if you haven't read it and have thoughts on the subject, feel free to share them. We want to be used by God both in the lives of our brothers here and of our brothers up north.

No comments:

Post a Comment